Sunday 14 October 2012

BRUSSEL SPROUTS-CANADIAN YET ITALIAN

Barb and I love Brussel Sprouts. It is a regular dish at Thanksgiving and Christmas and in between.

I boil them first usually early in the morning for any festive dinner.  Since I am up at 2 or 3 in the morning, what else is there to do.

Closer to the dinner, I fry some garlic in olive oil then put the brussel sprouts in the pan flipping them to get some oil and to heat them. If it is just Barb and me, I add some flecks of hot peppers to give them some kick. My kids love them too as it is another vegetable to add to any dinner. Does anyone have a different way of preparing Brussel Sprouts? I would love to hear as I will try something new.
#brusselsprouts#canadianfood#greatatThanksgiving#greatatChristmas#agoodvegetable

1 comment:

  1. I remove any old leaves, slice them in half, and fry them in a little canola oil, letting them brown slightly on the cut side. Add a little salt and pepper taste. By the time, the one side is caramelized, the sprout is done and ready to serve.

    ReplyDelete