Tuesday 6 November 2012

PARSLEY/PREZZEMOLO-AN ITALIAN COOK'S STAPLE

Parsley can not be made into an individual dish. It is an ingredient that is added to so many dishes.



I like to grow some in my summer garden to use it fresh in dishes. Drying the excess allows a nice stash in the house. Although now, it is possible to buy bunches of parsley fresh year round. It is a staple in Italian cooking as it is added to my sauce, soups, stew and even the Easter Canascione for a little colour and taste. Barb adds it to her devilled eggs as a garnish on top and her turkey bread stuffing. It even adds some calcium to the meal. It is a rather an understated vegetable or is it a herb? 



This post may warrant some research about parsley. Barb asked me. Where did it originate? Why do Italians use so much of it in their cooking? I just know that it is one of my staples in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment