Monday 18 February 2013

A FEAST FIT FOR A KID

Kids eat differently than a king. They like the same foods over and over. So Barb suggested I make my ragu sauce with some meatballs for dinner for my grandchildren's sleepover.  Put on some store bought penne lisce- very tasty. With a platter of cheddar cheese and crackers, a platter of pineapple and cantaloupe and veggies-carrots, cucumber, green peppers- to dip as side dishes, the dinner was a hit. Added some green beans for another veggie for Barb and me. After bath time, a simple dish of ice cream and later some pop corn. Children have simple tastes so a feast for them takes little effort. Oh, of course a cup of milk with the meal helps to fill their nutritional requirements.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good to me. Leftover Chinese for me tonight, from what I made for myself last night. My good wife is probably eating well, too, while on her cruise this week.

    ReplyDelete