Sunday 9 June 2013

BARBECUE SEASON CANADIAN STYLE

Although some people barbecue year round, I prefer the warmer weather. It is more enjoyable to take the food from the grill and sit outside to eat. For the record, I do not use a gas barbecue but still prefer the charcoal and smaller unit.  Steaks, chops and chicken are the meals so far. Barb bought me a new grilling pan so maybe I will use it when some of the fresh veggies are ready from the garden. She has trips planned over the next few months to markets and farms so I know I will be buying lots of fresh produce as it becomes available. There are many ways to use the barbecue. Potatoes wrapped in tin foil can be put in the coals to cook. Sometimes I precook them a little in the microwave before wrapping and putting in the fire.  Even corn on the cob tastes better grilled and not boiled in water. As the season progresses, I am sure to have some delights to share with you. Tonight I will be cooking some lean pork tenderloin cut into pieces. We had some last week. It was quite tasty. I bought a large piece and divided it into portions for two. So Canadians coast to coast are in full swing of barbecue season.
#barbecueseason#backyardfun#freshveggiesfromthegarden#daytripstofarmersmarkets#cornonthebarbecue#steaksonthebarbecue#potaoesonthebarbecue#chops#chicken#freshproduce

2 comments:

  1. Here, we're BBQing too. Last night, Marg did steaks and roast potatoes in foil on our BBQ. A nice meal when coupled with sliced tomatoes. The other night, at the dinner theatre, we had corn soup. The corn had been roasted on the BBQ. It was delicious. The diced tomato and spices in the soup helped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the season. Especially to find some new markets.

    ReplyDelete