Saturday 11 January 2014

GRANPA'S BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION 2014

My birthday celebration on January 5 was a late  morning brunch with more breakfast items. Sausage, regular bacon and peameal bacon along with scrambled eggs were our hot items.


Fresh bagels, muffins, cookies, fresh creamed cheeses-one plain and one with herbs, smoked salmon, three cheeses-cheddar, provolone, friulano, fruit-oranges, tangerines, delicious apples, sliced pineappple, sliced cantaloup, sliced watermelon, and of course beverages which included hot coffee, milk and and orange juice. If needed ketchup and two types of jam-strawberry and grape were added to the meal.



At the end of the delicious meal, of course the proverbial birthday cake! I love this type of celebration. For those of you that really know me, I do not like to sit in a restaurant for very long. Since it was my birthday, Barb and my girls decided a home event on a Sunday between the grandchildren's lessons worked better for everyone. Everyone contributed and I tried not to tell Barb how to cook the bacon and scrambled eggs. It is very hard for a cook to stay out of the kitchen! Even though Barb can cook, I can do it better!

1 comment: