Monday 23 June 2014

JUNE IS THE BEGINNING OF FRESH PRODUCE FROM MY CANADIAN GARDEN

June birthdays are over. Lots of cake and celebrations. Loving the barbecue season. Mostly steak and chicken but I am barbecuing my baked potatoes too. The garden has given me a first feed of zucchini. The parsley, oregano and basil are growing well and have been used in some dishes. I made a simple tomato sauce with the fresh basil on Saturday night to put on our spaghetti. My bean plants have flowers on them so it won't be long before I can write about eating beans fresh from the garden. Hopefully my painful knee will be better after Friday-getting a cortisone shot. Then maybe it will be on to some farmer's markets just in time for the beginning of fresh produce.
If not Barb threatens to go without me!

No comments:

Post a Comment