Sunday 2 November 2014

GNOCCHI FOR A BUSY WORK WEEEK

With good sales in potatoes, I decided to make some pans of gnocchi for Barb and me as well as the working girls, husbands and grandkids. Feeling a little under the weather, my sous cook Barb finished the rolling and imprinting before freezing them. Later the frozen gnocchi will be put in bags. So three large bags. All the gnocchi only cost about $1.00 worth of potatoes. The meaty- ragu sauce however cost about $15.00. Seems like a lot of money but for each family a substantial meal or side dish worth $5.00. The cute story from the family. I made a batch awhile ago for Natasha and family. She told her kids the gnocchi was for her husband Domi. Her little guy Damiano said- hey don't give it all to Daddy!! Some reverse psychology, tell kids the food is not for them and they want to eat it. Maybe Barb should add it to her Nana Says series on Wednesdays. I better be careful, I don't like her to tell me how to cook so I better not tell her what to write.!!
My little pile of potatoes and flour.
 
Gnocchi is always good as a side dish with meat and vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment