Saturday 2 January 2016

2015 NEW YEAR'S EVE DINNER WITH SEAFOOD

Although the main seafood meal for Italians is the Christmas Eve Seafood dinner, we finished the year with a New Year's Eve  with a wonderful lobster, scallops wrapped in bacon and shrimp meal.
Barb set a nice table in the dining room for our New Year's Eve feast.
Using up the Christmas napkins was a good idea. Our little white butter pot to dip the lobster was close for us to use.

I boiled some brussel sprouts to finish cooking them in EVOO- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, chopped garlic and some hot peppers. Little button mushrooms were cooked in EVOO with some garlic.
Ready to be cooked.
On a nice platter on the table to be eaten with some white wine. A fresh bun was the carbs portion for the meal. No pasta!
The best part of the meal for the cook is sitting down and eating it. I bought a pecan cheesecake for dessert which was eaten later with an espresso coffee. Barb stayed up to midnight to welcome the New Year. I was asleep beside her in bed. She awoke me for a quick kiss and I went back to sleep. The year started well. A new year! A new chance to cook some old dishes but the cook may just be looking for some new ideas to add to the daily meals. Send me your ideas and I just may try them and add to my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment