Tuesday 7 May 2019

NICE WEATHER BRINGS MORE FOOD CHOICES

Both Adolph and I are looking forward to home grown and local food. The Farmers' Markets are starting. So time to review what will start to be grown near us.
Meanwhile enjoying the continued variety in the stores.
Adolph is partial to canned peaches right now. He can't wait for the summer peaches to arrive.
We will having a small back porch potted veggie garden so he can help with it if he wants.
For me the old veggie garden will be dug and compost strewn on it. I am experimenting with a wild kind of crazy quilt approach. You know how some plant will grow from your compost in various parts of the garden. So I am hoping those seeds in the compost may just find a new home. I know the gardeners out there are cringing but my wild garden last year attracted birds and butterflies that made it nice for Granpa. So if I grow a wild squash or couple of tomato plants it will be fun and fill the empty bed with something useful.
Check our daughter's House of Kerrs website and instagram as she is posting fun food ideas for family.
House of Kerrs
2018 beginning garden. At least we have the pots now and do not need to purchase more.
#granpalovestocook#talkingabouthtesummergarden#backporchpottedveggiegarden#tryingtogrowawildveggiegarden

No comments:

Post a Comment