Saturday 16 July 2022

GRANPA WOULD HAVE LOVED A SMASH BURGER

 A new way to eat hamburgers. The meat is smashed to keep in the taste.

So I was lucky to go to a gig with Sonya to Mikeys Smash Burgers in Newmarket last Thursday. Being with family and my two youngest grandchildren was fun.

A new place to eat in Upper Canada Mall.

I had the Pastrami Melt. The surprise was the patti with the pastrami. So delicious.

The fries have a spice on them that make them sweet and spicy. 

I will try them again next time I am at Upper Canada.

Meanwhile check out their menu on their site.

Mikeys Smash Burgers

It is one thing to write about food but it is actually better to eat it. We had an informative conversation with Ian who spoke about the place and wanted to know how we liked the food.

I miss Granpa. He would have loved trying this place. He loved corn beef and pastrami. So that was the reason I tried the pastrami melt. Sometimes taking those memories and bringing them forward helps the soul.

#mikeyssmashburgers#pastriamimelt#uppercanadamallhasanewplacetoeat#tryingnewplacesandfoodskeepslifeinteresting#granpalovestocook#adolphdimambro#barbaradimambro#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara

No comments:

Post a Comment