Saturday 24 December 2016

GRANPA LOVES TO COOK BECAUSE CHRISTMAS IS A GREAT TIME TO EAT

                                 One of my favourite dishes- Christmas Seafood Appetizer.
Christmas has different traditions for different people. So normally I do all the shopping but Barb loves Christmas so she went out Thursday to buy fresh fruit and veggies for the next few days. The clementines this time of year are so delicious and healthy. They balance all the chocolate and cookies and other goodies that are around. Barb knows my traditions so she bought me a flat of figs-she doesn't eat figs, some prickly pears and a pomegranates which she does eat. Last week she bought some small panetones for me along with the nougat treat called Torrone. The Torrone now come in so many flavours like lemon, chocolate. She found one with cranberries which she loves. I let her eat that one. I don't love cranberries. Christmas Eve seafood dinner will be just the two of us so I have added lobster to the meal.

The girls have their in-law obligations which is fair. We are so lucky to have them and the grandchildren Christmas day. So I will cook the Italian Christmas Eve dinner and Barb does the traditional Canadian Christmas dinner. But as everyone knows I will have to supervise.


1 comment: