Friday 11 September 2020

MAKING PASSATA OR BUYING BOTTLES

 I have been seeing posts of Italian-Canadians making "tomatoes" or as it is really called passata.

Adolph and I decided after his mother passed away that it was her thing. He was the cook so decided what passata to use. Besides Mamma would often complain about the tomatoes. One year too much acid. Another year too watery.

We would always freeze some roma tomatoes, buy tins of tomatoes and fresh ones to use in sauce and soups.

But doing the tomatoes became passe for us.

So this year I search the flyers for discounted passata. 

And I found some at Food Basics as in other years.




So carrying cases from my car to the house was so much work.

#passata#makingthetomatoesisover#usingavarietyoftomatoesforfood#granpalovestocook#adolphdimambro#bottledpassataisbest#

No comments:

Post a Comment