Sunday 13 May 2012

MAMMA- A RECIPE FOR LOVE

Since it's Mothers's Day- Festa delle Mamme- I thought I would share some pictures and information about my mother-madre. I dedicated this blog to my mother and grandchildren. I learned to cook from my mother. One of her favourite places was the kitchen. I asked Barb to find me photos of my Mother in the Kitchen!
Well not all are from the kitchen. She can be seen cutting a birthday cake which was one of her best dishes. The kind with the cream in the middle. Actually it was my favourite type of cake- not too sweet. Her dishes were from the Ciociaria area in Italy as well as learning to cook Canadian foods as can be seen by the Turkey served at my old house in Thornhill. Like the espresso pots everywhere!
As you can see her kitchen was not fancy but the food made there was so good! Yes that's me drying dishes in a suit!


She taught me to cook with a lot of love! Anyone who sat at her dinner table always enjoyed a great meal. There will be more recipes coming in future posts. Today- here's to Mamma! Ciao Bella Donna!
#mamaforlove#mama'scookingwassogood#adolphcookslikehismother#shelovedtocookforherfamily#cookinglikemama#mother'sdaybringsmemoriesofmama'scooking#granpalovestocook#adolphdimambro

1 comment:

  1. Adolph's food has the same taste as his Mom's. Mamma always welcomed people to her home and would make anyone their favourite dish. When her brother Joe would visit from Detroit, she loved to make him simple dishes like Pasta Fagioli or Minestra.

    ReplyDelete