Sunday 27 May 2012

MY CANADIAN VEGETABLE GARDEN-GIARDINO ITALIANO

Good meals come from good fresh food. Italians always use the vegetables and fruit in season to make their meals. I have been busy- digging then planting my summer vegetable garden. So I am Italian and need tomatoes. I planted several different kinds. Lettuce, beans, eggplant, cucumbers and swiss chard are some of the other vegetables in my little plot. My herbs- oregano, rosemary,basil and parsley are in my little pots. Over the next few months I will share my summer recipes with you. It will be fun showing you the fresh vegetable then the dish it will become. For today, I want to rest my sore old muscles from all the gardening activity. Maybe a nap or two! Il bello giardino! Troppo lavoro! Sono stanco!

2 comments:

  1. I love the fresh veggies from the garden. What we do not grow, we can find at local farms and markets near us. We plan to do some summer day road trips to several markets- east, west and north of the city. We also can visit a few in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Adolph! I haven't turned over my veggie garden yet but will soon. Right now, I'm keeping alive all the seedlings I've bought recently in my heated garage (23 deg. C). I use several lamps for giving them light. My herbs include 3 kinds of basil, some parsley, oregano, and rosemary. I already have chives and oregano in the perennial garden. I've also got a bunch of different annuals. I buy patio tomatoes for my supply of tomatoes through the summer. I'm looking forward to more of your illustrated recipes in the weeks ahead.

    ReplyDelete