Friday 3 April 2015

LAMB AND LASAGNA FOR EASTER DINNER-WITH CANASCIONE FOR A TREAT

Barb suggested I make the cooking for Easter dinner easy with an expected crowd of 15! A simple pasta with sauce she said for the first dish.  I chose to be more complicated. So yesterday I decided to make lasagna. Put it in the freezer after completing it to cook it fresh on Sunday. My mother always made a lasagna for Easter so I thought I would  keep the tradition alive. Bedsides all my grandchildren, children, guests, Barb and I like it too!
So it was a busy day with Barb away at a conference. I even had to clean up all the pots and pans as my sous chef was not available.
My family like a variety of meat. But for me lamb is a must. So I bought a lamb roast and chops that I will make with some oven roasted potatoes with rosemary as the seasoning. With the Canadians in the crowd a ham to eat with pineapple slices as well as some chicken breasts and Italian sausages. Remember there is a lot of meat in the sauce I used for the lasagna so if some of the kids do not eat the meat dish they had some in the pasta.

If time I may try to make my canascione treat- a favourite from the Ciociaria region where I was born. A egg noodle shell with an egg, cheese and sausage mixture inside which gets baked in the oven.  Easter a time for good eating. Of course everyone will bring an appetizer and dessert surprise. The kids will enjoy the Easter egg hunt that must occur before dinner. I have not finalised all the vegetables but I will make- peas, rapini for sure though.
Barb likes to make prosciutto on a bread stick as an appetizer for the guys. The kids just like the bread sticks.
For those that are new to this blog- I did write a post on making the lasagna March 2012 and making canascione- April 2012. You can find in in the listings.  For those that read regularly you know how to find the recipes I have written. Happy Easter everyone- remember to thank all the cooks in your family!
#lasangabyadolph#homemadelasagna#canascoinebyadolph#canascionefromlazio#canascioneisaciocariadish#porsciuttoonbreadsticks#lambandpotatoesforeaster#easterisagoodmealwithlamblasagnacanscione#granpalovestocook#adolphdimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment