Sunday 5 August 2012

HOME FROM ST JACOBS MARKET

After a fun trip to St Jacobs Farmers Market near Kitchner-Waterloo about an hour and a bit from Richmond Hill Saturday August,  2012, it was time to assess my bounty.

A large bag of Canadian Bush Beans will make several side dishes for the week. I can add my "small crop" from my garden to any dish.


Farm fresh Ontario white potatoes were plentiful. I plan to make gnocchi with these potatoes. Enough for Barb and me as well as my girls and families.


The fruit is so tasty. The cherries are huge. The yellow plums were worth the purchase. The large peaches will make a good afternoon snack. Some women at the market bought many baskets. Barb reminded me it is time to make the summer fruit into preserves. Peaches fresh, preserved or made into jam are very wonderful to eat.

The yummy baked goods are for Barb and any visitors. Although the cinnamon bun was destined as any afternoon snack for Barb. It was made fresh in a small booth at the market by two young Mennonite women.


Tomatoes sliced with some olive oil, garlic and oregano are a simple side dish with summer meals. Or a toasted tomato sandwich on either white or whole wheat bread.


Or part of a farm fresh breakfast. I made Barb some home fried potatoes cooked in butter. Fried the maple sausage she bought at the market. Two farm fresh egges once over lightly with the tomatoes on the side. Barb does not like  much salt but I did add fresh ground pepper! With two slices of the Canadian Cheddar Cheese bread, it was worth two meals in one!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great looking breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On August 5, 2012- Edna Mallet-Park wrote-" Whenever we come to visit, I would like one of those breakfasts you made for Barb. Looks so yummy."

    ReplyDelete