Sunday 19 May 2013

ZUPPA DI PESCE-GRANPA'S ANNIVERSARY DINNER

Everyone knows I prefer to eat at home. But Barb insisted we go out for a nice anniversary dinner-May 15, 2013. She reviewed several places before I agreed to one not too far from home.

Here I am at Stonefire.

For my appetizer, I had the soup of the day-Tomato. Not so bad.

For my entree, it was Zuppa di Pesce ( Fish soup).



Wow-it looks big!

Lobster Tail Jumbo Shrimp, Scallops, Mussels, Calamari, clams- simmered in a Tomato Broth with 4 large Crostini. Rarely do I have trouble finishing a dish! However, there was some left at the bottom of my bowl. With the Crostini, there was no need for more bread a the table.

Boy that was good!

Barb decided to have the Rack of Lamb- Roasted Ontario Lamb crusted with Mustard and herbs served with garlic mash potatoes and seasonal vegetables.

I guess it's okay to eat out on special occasions. At least there were no dishes to do! Oh yes, it was my 42nd anniversary! Happy Anniversary sweetheart!
#Stonefirerestaurant#zuppadipesce#lambdish#anniversarycelebrations#rackoflamb#garlicmashedpotatoes#nicetoeatout

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful photo record of a great event in your lives. Congratulations, again.

    ReplyDelete