Thursday 26 December 2013

FEAST OF THE 7 FISHES COOKED BY GRANPA

My Christmas Eve seafood dishes actually occurred December 22 to accomodate my daughters. Both were committed to Christmas Eve meals elsewhere. Barb and I decided last year to have the Italian seafood meal whenever we all can be together. Despite the horrendous ice storm we had power and I cooked the meal. Homemade fettucine and meat sauce were prepared a day previously. Some of my guests do not love the clam sauce on their fettucine so I serve  meat sauce for them too. Two of my guests will only eat fish if it is breaded. So breaded haddock, fish sticks and breaded calamari were added to the other dishes of shrimps, large and small scallops and baccala. A variety of vegetables and fresh buns complement the meal.




No meal is ever complete in my family without a dessert table of goodies.

This Merry Christmas cake was just of the many goodies brought by my daughter Natasha to the feast of the 7 fishes. Tradition is great but just having all the family together whenever we can is more important.
#Christmasevefishdinner#sevenfishes#baccala#shrimps#ovenbakedshrimps#friedfish#Italiansloveseafood

No comments:

Post a Comment