Sunday 6 April 2014

EASTER FAVOURITES MEANS SOME CANASCIONE IS ON THE MENU

Easter is 2 weeks away. Since we will be having a gang, the menu will be modified slightly. I like lamb and lasagna at Easter. But there are others who like other foods. So I bought a big ham for the non-lamb lovers. My grandchildren like a variety of foods but a couple love chicken-so some chicken legs and thighs. I am making lasagna for my littlest granddaughter's baptism in May so will have a simple pasta dish this year-maybe homemade fettucine or even some penne. There will be lots of veggies but they are bought closer to the day. My girls usually bring the desserts. Maybe I will make my Italian Canascione- a true dish from my region of Ciociaria. I posted the recipe for this authentic dish April 2012 so do not have to write it again.
There I was sampling the Canascione. I like this photo because I was 2 years younger! Don't tell Barb but I have learned to do some planning and buying for big events. Well the food events anyway!
#canascione#easterdinner#chicken#lasagna#simplepasta#veggies#granpalovestoeat

No comments:

Post a Comment