Saturday 13 December 2014

WHEN GRANPA CAN'T SLEEP

Thank heavens for all night Grocery Stores. While Barb was sleeping, a quick trip to Sobeys to buy our turkey for Christmas dinner that was on sale. We will be having fewer people at our Christmas table, but dinners the week of Christmas elsewhere.  So I did not need a big one- just 12 pounds. There will be lots of leftovers anyway as there are lots of other dishes. Yes, this morning I started a nice broth- chicken broth on the stove for a soup dish later today. With all the holiday eating, soup is a good filler and less calories. Besides I like soup so I eat it often. So with all the nocturnal activities, back to bed for an early morning nap while the soup simmers and Barb keeps an eye on it. I will need a trip to a good fish store to buy a few items for the Christmas Eve dinner- it will be just Barb and me this year. But it does not mean we can not have some wonderful seafood dishes like lobster and scallops! I need to review previous posts from other years on my dishes. There may be current readers that want some recipes for those easy dishes. My Christmas seafood appetizer gets readers year round!! Perhaps, I will make that soon as it is a simple dish and tasty!! Happy eating!

1 comment: