Thursday 8 November 2018

PASSATA GRANPA STYLE

Yes I know it is an Italian-Canadian tradition to make the passata for the sauce. Do you know the folks in Italy have stopped this personal tradition and buy from the farmers? My cousins would shake their heads at the work people did here. So Barb and I have watched for sales in the Fall for the Passata the last few years.
So when Food Basics had their sale- 88 cents a jar, Barb bought us 5 cases. We still had one case from last year so with 72 jars we are well stocked. For our sauce we usually add a tin of crushed tomatoes or  whole tomatoes to one jar of passata.
Yes it was a wonderful time when my mother was alive and we would help her do her bottles. However it was not always consistent. One year- runny passata. Another year the tomatoes had too much acid. So with my favourite Aurora brand my passata will be just right. Barb says it is so much work carrying those cases from the car!!
#passata#granpalovestocook#makingpassataathome#buyingpassatafromthestore#passataforsauce#anoldItaliantrandition

No comments:

Post a Comment