Wednesday 2 December 2020

DECEMBER- WHAT WOULD GRANPA MAKE

 So much of Christmas cooking was Adolph's job.

I made the Canadian Christmas dinner.

He made the seafood dishes. Fresh egg noodle pasta. 

Baccala or cod soup.

Clam sauce for the pasta.

Shrimps and shallops. 

His honey bubbles or known as struffoli were his favourite. There is a post for them.





I stopped doing lots of baking years ago. No one really ate the goodies.

So banana oven baked donuts are a hit so I make them for the grandchildren.

But I am feeling I need to have some food in the house that Adolph would have liked.

Torrone was one. But the basic hard one.



Vermouth as it was a staple at Christmas. I would have a drink with lemon and toast with his Mom.

Of course the tangerines or clemetines. Some delicious apples which were part of my childhood.


Figs, pomergrante, and prickly pears were his favourites too.

So looking at food to bring me comfort as a reminder of him needs a little work. Of course someone will have to eat it.

#christmasfoodsasareminderofAdolph#granpalovedcertainchristmasfood#figs#pricklypears#pomergrantes#seafooddinner#canadianchristmasdinner#granpalovestocook#adolphdimambro



No comments:

Post a Comment