Saturday 12 December 2020

TRYING HOLIDAY SPECIALS 2020

With Lockdowns and curbside pickup and outdoor eating, no way to go to a restaurant. 

So last week I did the Festive holiday meal with Swiss Chalet. Loved the stuffing and cranberry sauce. I had the chicken and ribs combo. It took me 2 1/2 days of meals to eat it but it was worth it. I even ordered the Coconut Cream Pie.

Yesterday I ordered the Holiday at Home special from Pizza Pizza. Three toppings on a medium pizza, three drinks and choice of dessert. So pepperoni, green pepper and olives, diet coke, nestle ice tea, and Peace peach iced tea- the better choice as the can is twice as big as the other two and funnel cake. As sides, the breaded cauliflower bites and 5 chicken wings. Creamy garlic dip for them.

I ate two wings, a few bites and one piece of pizza with my own glass of wine. Later the dessert watching some TV.

The best part was the funnel cake strips that I dipped in the caramel sauce. Not bad for a pizza place.

Too much pizza. So I bagged 7 slices individually and put in the freezer to eat over the next month or two. Or if the grandsons come to visit an easy snack to heat in the microwave for them.



Being single and no parties other than Zoom ones, ordering in meets a need. 

So many places have fun holiday treats and specials.

The big dilemma is what to choose next week?

#holidayspecials#beingathomeandorderingin#pizzapizza#swisschalet#chickenwings#funnelcake#dietdrinks#peaceicedtea#granpalovestocook#adolphdimambro#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara

No comments:

Post a Comment